12/20/10

Hebrews 6:1 (Transferring some posts/writings over to this blog)

Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God.

Hebrews 6:1

How interesting it would be that this would be the verse of today after so many ponderings I have been having. I have been wanting so badly to write again and how ironic that it would be this that would finally move me out of the dry writer’s block I have been facing.. for a long time now actually. Yes, time to move forward, and boldly go where no Brookie has gone befo — screeeeech — wait, actually, I’m going back to my roots.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve never gone off the deep end or even never had faith or anything like that. In fact, God and Christ are what got me this far and where I am today, doing what I am doing. I am moved to do something more though. I feel trail blazing off the path I am going now, yet turning, turning again.. and a tug and a push here.

Life out here is so overloaded – media, politics, fashion, news, ..just getting through life, and living in a big city .. How can we all live together? Like Bette Midler said, from a distance (haha) .. everything seems to be going smoothly.. we all are flowing and all looks fine, but look a little closer and just getting home in your car is a fight with one another… I am wondering how they all survive… everyone looks as if they are drugged or in a daze… Hello! Wake up! I would like to say.

Anyways, I digress on my purpose in writing here, and I wanted to continue focusing on the verse.. which, as I understand… is about growing… maturing…

In my shows, at the very end, I run down into the crowd and give everyone I possibly can a hug or a handshake ..while the music is playing …and it is my favourite time…. One thing doing this has made me.. much more outgoing… I don’t think I’ve ever hugged so many strangers in my life…. by the end of the concert..everyone is dancing and having a good time… and throughout the show, my main purpose is to show them love and hope they feel that love…. after the show, they will still come up and want hugs and so forth and that is the greatest thing for me… People in this life.. all they want is love…and I truly hope they feel that… I know that is the reason I am here….

And so that leads me to this point and I am telling God, I’m am ready and willing and waiting.. as I always have..for the next step …because I know there is another step coming, I was not ready …but now I am… and I have that faith in Him. That is all I can have at this stage …. no pun intended.

Are you ready and willing to move beyond God’s Elementary school?

No comments: